14 June, 2007

Stop thief!

Location: Directly in front of my house

The Background: I'd been awake since 2:45 am PST, caught the first flight from Austin to San Francisco, went straight to work from the airport, and rushed home at 3:00 pm PST to drop off my suitcase before heading to acupuncture. I parked in front of the house, grabbed my stuff out of the car and went upstairs. I thought I'd locked my car (apparently I need a new battery in my remote).

The Crime: I was in the house for like, five minutes when I heard my car door close. I looked out the dining room window and SOME GUY was sitting in the passenger seat of my car STEALING MY CDs. I could clearly see my Stray Cats (Australian import!) CD in his hand.

It took me two jumps to get down the stairs and a only a few leaps to get out the door and the front gate (luckily I realized that I didn't have my keys and I held the gate open -- otherwise I would've been trapped outside on the sidewalk with the junky thief).

I yelled "What the f#@k are you doing?! Put my f#@king CDs back and get away from my f#@king car". I was so mad and I must've scared him because he tossed my CDs onto the passenger seat put his hands in the air and started walking off down the street.

He did get away with a tin of Altoids, which by the look of him, I'm sure he needed...